Re: [Condor-users] Visually design Condor DAGs

condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 02/26/2008 01:50:34 PM:

> Hi list,
>
>  I am starting to get into Condor and Condor-G and I found the DAG
>  capabilities very attractive. Up to now all examples I've seen involve
>  constructing the DAG by hand. I imagine I could potentially link a
>  general workflow designing solution and make it export DAGs for
>  Condor, but I was wondering if someone else might have addressed this
>  issue.
>
>  I'd like to count on an interface to visually design (ideally drag and
>  drop) elements - jobs - into a graphic workflow to translate and send
>  directly to Condor, preferably programmed in Java. I would very much
>  like to read about solutions you may know or have implemented to
>  achieve this.

Hi,

Do you really need it? What is your application scenario? In my
experience, the DAGs are best created automatically via script, not
manually via any GUI. This is because we are usually submitting a batch of
300-400 DAG jobs - noone would like to construct them "by hand".

Regards,
Jan Ploski