Re: [Condor-users] Visually design Condor DAGs

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I was trying to identify if there
exists a solution to do it or if it would be otherwise interesting to
have one. I am working on a thesis in the area of grid computing and I
am trying to identify candidate developments that I could undertake
while adding value to the grid community.

I have seen some workflow solutions - the latest one I've been playing
with is Taverna - that allow people with not so much computing
background to design experiments, and at the same time I found that
Condor's handling of DAGs seems to be quite mature, so I figured it
might make sense to make some kind of mix between those approaches.

I understand that you can have lots of DAGs, though if they all
corresponded to a same 'template' like in a parameter sweep
application, a way to design generic template workflows could perhaps
still add to the subject. On the other hand, if there are lots of DAGs
because they correspond to completely different schemes of execution,
they would have to be individually designed, but that I think would
still make sense because we need to think about those schemes
individually anyway.

This is to say that I don't have an actual application scenario,
rather I am trying to see if there exists one that would justify a
development like the one I mentioned, or a related one (and whether
there are mature solutions already).

Thanks again!

Matt