Re: [Condor-users] Having ClassAd functions show up fully evaluated in the -long output?

On Jan 4, 2008 10:02 PM, Ian Chesal <ICHESAL@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm using ifThenElse to make some fancy settings on my startd nodes that
> dual boot Windows and Linux. Essentially this:
>
> AlteraOperatingSystem = ifThenElse (OpSys == "LINUX", "RHEL4", "WINXP")
>
> Works great if you do:
>
> condor_status -f "%s\n" AlteraOperatingSystem
>
> I see RHEL4 or WINXP depending on which OS the machine is booted into.
> But if I do a -long I see an unevaluated ifThenElse() line for
> AlteraOperatingSystem. I can why it'd be handy to see the unevaluated
> attribute. But is it possible to get the -long output to show the fully
> evaluated functions? If not: feature request? :)

As an aside you realize a fix to the specific example is solvable
using $(ARCH) and $(OPSYS) to redirect to a operating specific file
(Which IIRC is allowed to then rewrite the $(ARCH) and $(OPSYS) values
itself)

Obviously for something less fixed this isn't an option so I second
the desire for the different evaluation modes (In fact -l really
shouldn't change anything at an individual element level, it would be
nicer to have an additional command line swicth wich said
--evaluate=[true|false] (which at least for now should default to the
previous behaviours for backwards compatibility but should be
switchable for those that need it)

Matt