Re: [Condor-users] Having ClassAd functions show up fully evaluatedin the -long output?

> As an aside you realize a fix to the specific example is
> solvable using $(ARCH) and $(OPSYS) to redirect to a
> operating specific file (Which IIRC is allowed to then
> rewrite the $(ARCH) and $(OPSYS) values
> itself)

Yea, in the next incarnation of this scheme we'll separate out the files
a little better so there's OS separation. For the next 4 months I'm
working with this scheme though. We don't re-write Arch and OpSys
directly so it'd work for us.

> Obviously for something less fixed this isn't an option so I
> second the desire for the different evaluation modes (In fact
> -l really shouldn't change anything at an individual element
> level, it would be nicer to have an additional command line
> swicth wich said --evaluate=[true|false] (which at least for
> now should default to the previous behaviours for backwards
> compatibility but should be switchable for those that need it)

That's pretty much what I was thinking: allow me to tell Condor to do
the eval. It could be slow when coupled with -l but I'm willing to
tolerate that.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.