[Condor-users] shared central manager / view server

Hi,

As per:

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2008-January/msg00060.shtml

I've been trying to access a view server collector on a non standard port
but after much experimentation I've come to the conclusion that this syntax

CONDOR_VIEW_HOST = <hostname>:<port>

doesn't work ( can anyone confirm this ? ).

This begs the question that if I want to run shared central manager /
view server how can I do it.

I've tried using the cental manager collector also as view server
and this seems to work fine but as I have an SMP box to play with it
would seem sensible to run them as separate daemons. I guess I could
also move the central manager to a different port and run the view server
of the default but that would mean reconfiguring all the execute host
which is a real pain.

thanks in advance,

-ian.

Dr Ian C. Smith