Re: [Condor-users] Job was evicted

On Thursday 17 January 2008 04:51 pm, Dan Bradley wrote:
> >By the way, is it possible to just suspend a job with condor and continue
> >without restarting and without checkpointing in vanilla universe under
> > linux?
>
> Yes.
>
> Here's an example of one way it can be done:
>
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_5Startd_Policy.html#SECTION0045
>10600000000000000

o.k. this is what I need! Thanks!
But how exactly is a high-priority job defined?

Can the user just  give in the cmd file
HighPriority=TRUE
or
HighPrioJob= TRUE

I have not found any statement about that.

> >Or is it planned to implement checkpointing also for dynamic linked
> > programs under linux?
>
> Yes, we are looking into other checkpointing options.  Virtual machine
> checkpointing is one possibility.

That sounds interesting. Is it planed for the next devlopment series of condor
or even implementet or just a case study?

Harald