Re: [Condor-users] Who do I write for the source code?

> Really? This doesn't sound kosher to me at all. Am I the only
> OS proponent that thinks this is BS?

Free access to s/w that has provided oodles of extra cycles to projects
all over the world for about 20 years sounds like excellent value to me
and nothing whatsoever to do with the Backspace key.

> http://www.opensource.org/docs/osd

I am not certain this is the licence tht applies to Condor today.

As I understand it, Red Hat and the University of Wisconsin have signed
a strategic
agreement to make Condor's source code available under an OSI-approved
license and
jointly fund ongoing co-development at the University of Wisconsin.

So this may come in the future, but may not be fully in place yet.

> 2. Source Code
> The program must include source code, and must allow
> distribution in source code as well as compiled form. Where
> some form of a product is not distributed with source code,
> there must be a well-publicized means of obtaining the source
> code for no more than a reasonable reproduction cost
> preferably, downloading via the Internet without charge. The
> source code must be the preferred form in which a programmer
> would modify the program. Deliberately obfuscated source code
> is not allowed. Intermediate forms such as the output of a
> preprocessor or translator are not allowed.
>
> Maybe somebody in the Condor team could chime in, but it
> sounds to me like they're in breach of their own license.

I am sure if you look back through past postings over several years you
will find satisfactory answers to these questions.

Can I suggest that proposing "they're in breach of their own license"
and
"this is BS" are not the best way to get the hard-working guys at
Madison to
respond. Sometimes being politeness gives better/faster responses.

JK