Re: [Condor-users] Who do I write for the source code?

On Jan 23, 2008, at 11:14 AM, Kewley, J (John) wrote:

Really? This doesn't sound kosher to me at all. Am I the only
OS proponent that thinks this is BS?

Free access to s/w that has provided oodles of extra cycles to projects all over the world for about 20 years sounds like excellent value to me
and nothing whatsoever to do with the Backspace key.

This has nothing to do with "value", but following the principles of an OSS license.

Can I suggest that proposing "they're in breach of their own license"
and "this is BS" are not the best way to get the hard-working guys at
Madison to respond. Sometimes being politeness gives better/faster responses.

The "BS" comment was a response to a user on a mailing list's definition of the Apache License, not the developers of Condor. Yikes. As for "they're in breach", way to take that out of context...

Anyway, this is all moot since 7.0 provides source, as they evidently deemed it should.

i.