Re: [Condor-users] condor query format

Santanu Das wrote:
Dear all,

I was playing around with "-format" option and I found some strange result which I cannot understand.
Some of them as follow:

[root@serv03 root]# condor_status -r -format '%s\n' ClientMachine | sort | uniq -c
      1
    104	dog--bio.grid
     18	serv03--hep--phy.grid

Why there is a blank line in the beginning?

Because condor_status always prints a blank line at the end of its output. You'll have to strip it for now.

[root@serv03 root]# condor_status -r -format '%s\n' ClientMachine | sort | uniq -u

"uniq -u" doesn't return anything, why is that?

Because you don't have any Schedds that are only running a single job.

[root@serv03 root]# condor_status -r -format '%s\n ' ClientMachine | sort | uniq -c

1 116 dog--bio.grid
     18	 serv03--hep--phy.grid
      1	serv03--hep--phy.grid

A gap between \n and ' (i.e. '%s\n ') puts another extra line at the end - serv03 is one place moved to the left and that makes it two different entries.

Does anyone have any explanation for this?

The first serv03 is "serv03" and all subsequent ones are " serv03"

Best,

matt

Cheers,
Santanu