[Condor-users] Windows Job Objects (was Re: Condor and GPUs)

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 10:50:39AM +0100, Matt Hope wrote:

> 2) Windows provides job objects
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms684161(VS.85).aspx these are
> fantastic for limiting memory usage - just building this into all the
> high memory usage jobs totally solves the memory thrashing

This was a long time ago, so maybe I'm wrong about this, but once upon
a time we were really excited about JobObjects - until we actually
looked at them, and it turned out that JobObjects couldn't be recursive -
so if the job itself used a JobObject, it wouldn't work.

-Erik