Re: [Condor-users] Jobs being preempted with default rank settings

Hey Todd,

Here's an example of a job that's sitting idle:

055.017:  Run analysis summary.  Of 128 machines,
      8 are rejected by your job's requirements
     45 reject your job because of their own requirements
     45 match but are serving users with a better priority in the pool
     30 match but reject the job for unknown reasons
      0 match but will not currently preempt their existing job
      0 are available to run your job
        Last successful match: Fri Jul 18 10:13:10 2008

condor_status -available lists 30 unclaimed idle machines

David

Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
David Dynerman wrote:
Thanks Todd & Steven for the tips.

I'm definitely going to mess with the preemption setting, but I'm still curious about the greedy over-matching going on.

Yeah, same here.

condor_status -available shows 73 available unclaimed nodes, and yet a 44 job submission will match against occupied nodes.

Does condor_q -analyze and/or condor_q -better_analyze agree? In other words, if you run condor_q -analyze on one of your jobs, does it say that your job matches with the unclaimed nodes?

buster:~/work/desolv_data_old_p_i/benchmark dynerman$ condor_config_val NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK
RemoteOwner =?= UNDEFINED

I take it that this is the default - prefer nodes where the RemoteOwner doesn't exist?

Right.

How "fuzzy" is this matching? I've been running a lot of jobs so my priority is really low. Is it possible that even with the correct NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK it's still matching to nodes I'm using because my priority is so low?

Shouldn't be fuzzy....

regards,
Todd