Re: [Condor-users] Condor calendar

Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

> In the meantime, anyone else have a good idea for how to handle
> holidays in a Condor scheduling policy?

This may be stupid, but could you not implement a Hawkeye script which populated
a ClassAd variable -- "InsideHolidayTime" or similar -- with a TRUE or FALSE
value depending on the current day of the year, and then refer to that variable
in the batch node's START expression?

[ I've already attempting something similar here: I have a requirement that jobs
  submitted by members of a specific research group get priority access to
  Condor batch servers that they own.

  I've implemented this by writing a Hawkeye script that populates the ClassAd
  variable "DoC_Priority_Users" with a list of usernames who should receive
  preferential treatment, and seting the RANK expression to read:

     RANK = stringListMember(TARGET.Owner, MY.DoC_Priority_Users)

  (stringListMember returns a boolean value, which is coerced into an integer
   depending on the result of the expression; TRUE is mapped to 1, FALSE is
   mapped to 0.  As higher ranks mean higher priority, this should produce the
   desired weighting.)

  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to verify that this is having the desired
  effect -- this research group are far and away the biggest user of our Condor
  pool! --  but I _think_ it's working.. ]

Cheers,
David
--
David McBride <dwm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London