[Condor-users] Re : Condor calendar

Hi all

Thank you for your answers Todd and David.
We just set up Condor so I don't know yet how to use ClassAds ... so i'll look seriously for.

And .. what's an Hawkeye script ?

Lionel

VIGILANT Lionel
ISEM - CNRS
University of Montpellier 2

Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

> In the meantime, anyone else have a good idea for how to handle
> holidays in a Condor scheduling policy?

This may be stupid, but could you not implement a Hawkeye script which populated
a ClassAd variable -- "InsideHolidayTime" or similar -- with a TRUE or FALSE
value depending on the current day of the year, and then refer to that variable
in the batch node's START _expression_?

[ I've already attempting something similar here: I have a requirement that jobs
  submitted by members of a specific research group get priority access to
  Condor batch servers that they own.

  I've implemented this by writing a Hawkeye script that populates the ClassAd
  variable "DoC_Priority_Users" with a list of usernames who should receive
  preferential treatment, and seting the RANK _expression_ to read:

    RANK = stringListMember(TARGET.Owner, MY.DoC_Priority_Users)

  (stringListMember returns a boolean value, which is coerced into an integer
  depending on the result of the _expression_; TRUE is mapped to 1, FALSE is
  mapped to 0.  As higher ranks mean higher priority, this should produce the
  desired weighting.)

  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to verify that this is having the desired
  effect -- this research group are far and away the biggest user of our Condor
  pool! --  but I _think_ it's working.. ]

Cheers,
David
--
David McBride <dwm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London

Vigilant Lionel wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> In our configuration based on Condor 7.0.1 we are using workstations
> dedicated to students ... so we can't use them freely apart from week
> end and holidays. The system administrator do not want to use full time
> run with keyboard/mouse user detector.
> So we want configure Condor to run jobs only during night between 8 PM
> and 7 AM during school time weeks

This one is easy.  Take a look at the FAQ section of the Condor Manual,
specifically the FAQ "How do I configure Codnor to only run jobs at
night?", online at
  http://tinyurl.com/64lxjo

> and all the day during week end

Also easy, and the example included in the manual shows how to do
that...  just take a peek at the URL i gave above...

> and holidays.

Ouch.  Holidays could be a little more tricky.  What would be sweet is
if Condor's ClassAds implementation had a function to convert the epoch
time [e.g. output from time()] into a month/day/year representation,
like formatTime() as specified in the ClassAd Language reference.  But
alas, formatTime() is not implemented.  I will add that to the wish
list.  In the meantime, anyone else have a good idea for how to handle
holidays in a Condor scheduling policy?

--
Todd Tannenbaum                      University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research              Department of Computer Sciences

Envoyé avec Yahoo! Mail.
Une boite mail plus intelligente.