Re: [Condor-users] Need Condor-G manual for Globus Toolkit 4

condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 06/06/2008 01:47:38 AM:

> Hi..
>
> I need Codor-G manual for Globus Toolkit 4. Does anyone know where to
find
> it? I have read Condor 7.0 manual, there is brief explanation only for
> Globus Toolkit 2 version. The manual for Globus Toolkit 4 (GT4) is only
> how to submit, and not contain how the Condor-G interact with GT4. I
think
> there a lot of changes, since GT2 and GT4 have different framework.
>
> This is for my final project to graduate from my college. I have to test
> the four condor-G fault tolerant according the article "Condor-G: A
> Computation Management Agent for Multi-Institutional Grids". Since
almost
> all of documentation of condor-G are only related to GT2, I don't know
how
> to    write my report.

Read the web service specifications from Globus (WS GRAM and Delegation) -
Condor-G is just a client after all. Then think about specific questions
related to your gaps in understanding (maybe inspired by the GT2
descriptions), guess tentative answers and pick the right one among them
either by browsing/debugging the source code or asking here. On the Condor
side, you should focus on condor_gridmanager (spawned by condor_schedd),
GAHP and the GridFTP server processes. These are the only ones that
interact with Globus.

Regards,
Jan Ploski