Re: [Condor-users] Condor-G and GT4 Communication

On Jun 9, 2008, at 7:15 PM, txcom2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Jun 9, 2008, at 8:40 AM, txcom2003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Here i attach this mail with a block diagram about communication
between
Condor-G and Globus Toolkit 4 since there isn't documentation about
how
Condor-G interact with GT 4 in Condor Manual. Let me know if there's
something wrong. Thanks

Your diagram looks good. The one small comment I'll make is that the
gridmanager doesn't transfer any files to/from the gridftp server
underneath it. It just spawns it.

Thank's for the comment. I really appreciate it.
I have a question about RFT and GridFTP that's in my diagram.
1. Does Condor-G has it own GridFTP server or it's just a client ?
2. Does Condor-G also use RFT to control file Transfer between Condor-G
and Globus 4 ? May be I need more explanation about this.

Condor starts a gridftp server that runs for the life of the job. RFT is the gridftp client that controls the file transfers between the gridftp server under Condor and the gridftp server on Compute Element.

The file transfers that need to occur for the job are included in the job description that Condor sends to the GRAM service. GRAM forwards them to RFT.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison Condor Team