Re: [Condor-users] FW: Adding Linux to Vanilla Pool

Hi Robin,

Did you check for the existence of a conflicting CONDOR_IDS variables in condor_config.local?

On Linux, the installer defaults to setting this and a few other startup variables such as DEAMON_LIST in the local config, as opposed to Windows where everything just goes in the main config. Your changes to the main config would be ignored if the variable is also configured in local.

Regards,

Rob de Graaf

Robin Harrington wrote:
Hi,

Further to my concise statement of the problem, here is more detail

The main problem is the error

$ /opt/condor-7.0.2/sbin/condor_master
ERROR: the uid specified in CONDOR_IDS config file variable (2) does not
exist in your password information.
Please set CONDOR_IDS to the '.' seperated uid, gid pair that should be
used by condor.

When in the passwd file is
condor:x:410:410::/opt/condor-7.0.2/condor:/bin/bash
and the config file has CONDOR_IDS=condor.condor
(but produced the same error message with CONDOR_IDS=410.410).

Any suggestion on how we fix this would be most appreciated.

Robin