From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ben Burnett
Sent: 16 June 2008 15:29
To: 'Condor-Users Mail List'
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Condor 7 on Vista

It is possible to submit a job from a Vista machine into this pool, e.g. a
java HelloWorld, but not submit to the Vista machine.
<<<

Yes, you can set the job's requirements to include XP, SuSE or both.

It appears that it does not recognise the condor_status -java command, as
the Vista machine as having been set up to run Java programs, I have not yet
tested C programs.
   I must admit I changed the Java parameters after the initial setup, which
may be part of the problem; and just wondered whether other users had
actually used Vista machines in a pool, as unfortunately a lot of our Labs
are being updated this summer.
<<<

I've been running Condor under Vista and have little problems with Java, not
that mean anything--can you expand on what it was that you changed?

Regards,
-B