Re: [Condor-users] Create dir hierarchy for job output files?

Steffen Grunewald wrote:
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 07:44:26AM -0500, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
Steffen,

Do your users need access to the /scratch space after their jobs have run? If not, you could just put your EXECUTE (config param) directory on /scratch, and let Condor create&destroy temporary directories in it for each job.

They do. Temporary directories are not an option.

If you need the output for the user to access later you could use the new Job Hooks' Job Exit hook [1] to copy your user's data out of a Condor controlled execute directory into the scratch space. You may be able to use the Prepare Hook [2], but it'll probably have the same problem as the wrapper script.

If I read this right, this will be in 7.1.x but not in 7.0.x, and it's just
another thing that's easily forgotten by the user. Doesn't turn me on :(

The Job Hooks feature is indeed in 7.1 and not 7.0, but it isn't something that you have to rely on users to provide. The hooks are primarily part of an execute node's configuration.

Best,

matt

Steffen