Re: [Condor-users] A installation problem ,thanks for help!!

Alain Roy,您好!

	The full name of the downed tarball is   condor-7.0.1-linux-x86-rhel3.tar.gz  .

    i also  have tried the jarball:    condor-7.0.1-linux-x86_64-rhel3.tar.gz.

    my os of the machine is :  Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon).

    thanks for replaying!!!

======= 2008-06-25 22:10:41 您在来信中写道:=======

>On Jun 25, 2008, at 7:48 AM, 张家贞 wrote:
>> condor-admin,hi!
>>
>>   when i install the condor, a error appeared!!! The content message
>> is as follows:
>>

>> # ./condor_install --install=/root/condor-7.0.1 --local-dir=/root/
>> condor-7.0.1 --type=manager,excute
>> Setting up Condor in /root/condor-7.0.1
>> Unable to find a valid Java installation
>> Java Universe will not work properly until the JAVA
>> (and JAVA_MAXHEAP_ARGUMENT) parameters are set in the configuration
>> file!
>> /root/condor-7.0.1/bin/condor_config_val: /root/condor-7.0.1/bin/
>> condor_config_val: cannot execute binary file
>> Unable to find local directory!
>
>What operating system are you installing on? Exactly what did you
>download from the Condor web site? Can you give the full name of the
>tarball you downloaded? It looks like you got the wrong tarball for
>your operating system.
>
>>  what is the local directory?
>
>You specified it in the command-line above as /root/condor-7.0.1. This
>is where Condor will store things like:
>
>* The spool directory, where the submitted jobs are stored
>* The execute directory where jobs run
>* The log directory, where logs for the Condor process are stored.
>
>It's considered the "local" directory, because once you install Condor
>on multiple computers, each computer should have it's own local
>directory, preferably on a local filesystem.
>
>ps. There is no need to simultaneously email both condor-users and
>condor-admin. We read them both.
>
>-alain

>The archives can be found at:
>https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/