[Condor-users] USER_JOB_WRAPPER issue

I;m trying to limit job resources somewhat by introducing a job wrapper, and am having the following issue.

The testing submit file is

   universe = vanilla
   executable = /bin/uname
   arguments = -a
   output = uname-$(process).out
   error =uname-$(process).err
   log = /tmp/uname.log

   queue 100

and the wrapper script is simply (for testing)

   #!/bin/bash
   exec "$@"

with USER_JOB_WRAPPER=(path to wrapper script). The script has 755 permissions on all nodes.

When this is run, I see all the test jobs put into a hold state, with the following hold info:

HoldReason = "Error from starter on vm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Failed to execute '/etc/condor/condor_job_wrapper.sh' with arguments -a: Exec format error"
HoldReasonCode = 6
HoldReasonSubCode = 8

Can anyone provide insight into this "Exec format error" issue?

thanks,
rob

Robert E. Parrott, Ph.D. (Phys. '06)
Associate Director, Grid and
       Supercomputing Platforms
Project Manager, CrimsonGrid Initiative
Harvard University Sch. of Eng. and App. Sci.
Maxwell-Dworkin  211,
33 Oxford St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617)-495-5045