Re: [Condor-users] Problem with Condor standalone library

Hi Tan,

> I have been trying to checkpoint one of my applications using condor's
> standalone library. What I am doing is:
>
> condor_compile gcc myapp.c -o myapp
> ./myapp

Try running it this way:

setarch i386 -R ./myapp

> then, when I am trying to restart the process by writing -
>
> ./myapp -_condor_restart myapp.ckpt.tmp

The fact that the checkpoint file has ".tmp" at the end is a sign that
the checkpoint was not successful.  If the previous suggestion worked,
you will also want to restart like this:

setarch i386 -R ./myapp -_condor_restart myapp.ckpt

> And another question is how to send SIGUSR2 signal , I mean CTRL-?

As far as I know, you need to "kill -USR2 <pid>" from another terminal.

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics