Re: [Condor-users] Shutting down condor_schedd temporarily without losing the running jobs

> I don't think this is going to solve your problem.  The contents of
> job_queue.log simply reflect the current state of the schedd.  When
> job_queue.log is cleaned (every QUEUE_CLEAN_INTERVAL seconds) I think
> it will put the bad value back.

Bummer.

> Try this:
>
> condor_q -direct schedd 15983 -format "%s\n"
> AlteraRequirements | cat -v
>
> And see if there are still non-printing characters.

Yup. Good call. The non-printing characters are there:

> I think you also want to do this:
>
> condor_qedit 15983 AlteraRequirements
> '((TARGET.AlteraIsDesktop == FALSE) && ((Machine ==
> "pg-swph48.altera.com" || Machine=="pg-swph49.altera.com"))
> && (TARGET.OpSys == "LINUX") && (TARGET.Arch =!= UNDEFINED))'
>
> To make sure the schedd agrees with the contents of job_queue.log.

Thanks! That cleaned it up. Thankfully before job_queue.log was cleaned
again.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.