[Condor-users] Inconsistent machine address using condor_status

This has always bugged me. Maybe it's fixed in 7.0.x. If it is, ignore
this.

If I have a multi-slot machine I can get the status of just one slot by
doing:

	condor_status -direct vm1@machine

But if the machine has only a single slot the folowing fails to find the
machine:

	condor_status -direct vm1@machine

Instead you have to say:

	condor_status -direct machine

How annoying is that? If I want to query a slot on a machine for
information I first have to query the entire machine to figure out if
it's a single or multi slot configuration and then pick the right
syntax.

Nasty. Can you make it consistent so vm1@machine (or slot1@machine)
works to address a a single slot machine as well as the first slot in a
multi-slot machine?

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.