Re: [Condor-users] How to start/restart Condor morequickly on Windows

Hi Ben and Ralph,

I restarted Condor monitoring it with "Process Explorer" and have set ALL_DEBUG=D_FULLDEBUG and it took about 10 minutes to start daemons but condor_master that tarted promptly.

I saved the log files from condor and the native format log of Process Explorer.

I have set ADD_WINDOWS_FIREWALL_EXCEPTION=False and restarted Condor again. Now it started very quickly. Seems to solve my problem.

Regards, Klaus

Ben Burnett <burnett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

21/11/2008 21:03

Please respond to
Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Condor-Users Mail List'" <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [Condor-users] How to start/restart Condor morequickly        on        Windows

I ask about the firewall not because it would hinder communication, but
because turning it off causes a considerable slow down when starting Condor
without the ADD_WINDOWS_FIREWALL_EXCEPTION set to False.  Anyway, do you
have any recollection as to when you started experiencing this?  I've
routinely stopped and re-started the Condor service on my machine and it is
responsive almost immediately (except when Java and/or VM Universe are
enabled). What version of Windows are you running?  Is it a slower machine
with limited memory?  Is there additional applications or services that are
hogging the machine? (Just reaching at straws.)

Could you describe the start-up?  I assume the master runs almost
immediately.  When do the remaining daemons/services start to appear? (The
"Process Explorer" application (Now curtsey of MS, formerly
Sysinternals)---if you are not already using it--is a great way to examine
and debug the behavior of a process or multiple ones.)

Regards,
-B