Re: [Condor-users] How to start/restart Condor morequickly on Windows

I ask about the firewall not because it would hinder communication, but
because turning it off causes a considerable slow down when starting Condor
without the ADD_WINDOWS_FIREWALL_EXCEPTION set to False.  Anyway, do you
have any recollection as to when you started experiencing this?  I've
routinely stopped and re-started the Condor service on my machine and it is
responsive almost immediately (except when Java and/or VM Universe are
enabled). What version of Windows are you running?  Is it a slower machine
with limited memory?  Is there additional applications or services that are
hogging the machine? (Just reaching at straws.)

Could you describe the start-up?  I assume the master runs almost
immediately.  When do the remaining daemons/services start to appear? (The
"Process Explorer" application (Now curtsey of MS, formerly
Sysinternals)---if you are not already using it--is a great way to examine
and debug the behavior of a process or multiple ones.)

Regards,
-B