Re: [Condor-users] How to start/restart Condor morequickly on Windows

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:18 AM,  <kschwarz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Ben and Ralph,
>
> I restarted Condor monitoring it with "Process Explorer" and have set
> ALL_DEBUG=D_FULLDEBUG and it took about 10 minutes to start daemons but
> condor_master that tarted promptly.
>
> I saved the log files from condor and the native format log of Process
> Explorer.
>
> I have set ADD_WINDOWS_FIREWALL_EXCEPTION=False and restarted Condor again.
> Now it started very quickly. Seems to solve my problem.

I was under the impression that condor now waits for some others
services to start *before* attempting to add itself as an exemption.
By disabling the addition it also disables the wait.
The wait may be a simple sleep(), or a very slow poll on some other
service (I can't remember off hand which one you have to wait for to
be ok to start messing with the firewall) since I wouldn't have
thought that this service would take 5mins, nor that it would
consistently take that exact amount of time.

Matt