If your jobs are writing rank or constraint expressions that reference "vm#" you need to change them to "slot#". The Condor team switched to "slot" to remove the ambiguity with machine virtualization and "virtual machines" done by software like Xen and VMWare.
You can force Condor back to using "vm#" by setting:
STARTD_RESOURCE_PREFIX = vm
I also found some pecularities in privledge separation in 7.0.5 vs 6.8.6. See my emails to the list from Friday evening. If you're using dedicated domain accounts to run jobs the syntax has changed for setting up the accounts. And I've found preemption to be many, many times slower in 7.0.5. Too slow for my needs -- I've had to revert back to 6.8.6.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.