Re: [Condor-users] Jobs License Management

In the context of the new Concurrency Limit will it be possible for a running job to drop a resource constraint when it is done with it, or is it implicitly assumed that all jobs require their specified resources for their entire lifetime?

The motivation for this is managing I/O resources where a typical work flow is to launch a large number of jobs that each read in a large amount data from a shared filesystem (or set of filesystems), and then crunch on the data for a long time before outputing a relatively small amount of results. It would be interesting to be able to hand out tokens for filer access but then be able to return them after the I/O intensive phase of each individual job is done.

Thanks.

--
Stuart Anderson  anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ligo.caltech.edu/~anderson