From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Liam Gretton
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 4:33 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Java not recognised by Condor

Ben Burnett wrote:

> You can either drop the quotes, as they confuses Condor in
> this instance, or you can write the path in the old 8.3
> format.

I've tried it without quotes, but it's still interpreting the space in
'Program Files' as a separator.

> For example, mine is set to:
>
> JAVA = C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JDK16~1.0_0\bin\JAVA.EXE
>
> To determine the 8.3 version of the name use dir /x at each
> level in the path.  You'll only need to know what the equivalent
> of "JDK16~1.0_0" is on your system, the rest should be the
> same.

It's not easy for me to do that; I've created a custom installer, and
though I know that this particular version of Java is present in the
given location, I don't know what its 8.3 name is (there may be other
versions of Java present).

--
Liam Gretton                                    L.Gretton@xxxxxxxxxxx
IT Services                                   http://www.lboro.ac.uk/