Re: [Condor-users] Sending jobs from remote host using DRMAA

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 3:31 AM, Atle Rudshaug <atle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to simplify our submit to queue system in our application by
> going from manual submission to using DRMAA. However, now we are
> submitting all jobs from a common submit host (everyone uses ssh to log
> on to the common submit host and runs qsub...). Is it possible to do
> this using DRMAA or do we have to install SGE on each and every computer
> that should have this DRMAA functionality?

Just want to let you know that this is the Condor mailing list, and
the SGE mailing list can be found on: http://gridengine.sunsource.net/

And back to your question: I think as long as the host is a submit
host, then you can submit jobs from there, and SGE daemons don't need
to be installed on submit hosts. What you will need is the config
files on the submit hosts.

--Chi