Re: [Condor-users] Using $(variableName) in job Ads, submitted through web service

Johnson koil Raj wrote:
> Matthew Farrellee wrote:
>> Johnson koil Raj wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>>     I need to use ReleaseReason job Ad value to  some other classAd
>>> like Arguments. whenever I release a job through web service I will
>>> set appropriate arguments  as release reason. whether this can be
>>> parsed at the execute node.
>>>
>>> ReleaseReason = "125 copy"
>>> Arguments        = $(ReleaseReason)
>>>
>>> This is because condor_qedit is not available through web services. I
>>> tried it is not evaluating this expression.
>>>
>>> I am doing correct or I can't be done.
>>>

>>> by
>>> Johnson
>>>

>> You could try using $$() or $$([]).
>>
>> Also, adding a SetAttribute() (aka qedit) function to the Schedd's
>> SOAP interface would be a rather straightforward task. If you want to
>> take a shot at it just let us know.
>>
>> Best,
>>

>> matt
>>

> Hi Matt,
>
>    Thanks for reply.
> yes I want to take a shot to SetAttribute(). so editing of the job ads
> will become very easy for us.
>
> I am already using $$() but in which place $$([]) will helpful.
>
> thanks
> Johnson

You should have a look in src/condor_schedd.V6 to see how condor__closeSpool is implemented - condor_setAttribute would be a slight generalization. gsoap_schedd.h is the gSOAP stub file used to define the interface. The implementation is in soap_scheddStub.cpp.

Best,

matt