Re: [Condor-users] Condor 6.8.n: job running delays: RUN TIMES stay at Zero

>> If you tell me categorically that I can upgrade the master to a later
>> version and not affect the existing grid then that'd enable VUW to
>> take a huge step in the right direction at a much quicker pace.
>
> So there is at least one person doing exactly this.
>
> I know that we flock jobs to execute nodes running 6.8.n while our
> central manager is 7.1.1.  And now that I look more closely, our Linux
> machines are 7.1.1, but our Windows machines (execute only) are 6.8.4.
> So it works for us with both flocking and a mixed local pool.
>
> --
> Daniel K. Forrest                Space Science and
> dan.forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        Engineering Center
> (608) 890 - 0558                University of Wisconsin, Madison

Just to say that I upgraded VUW's Condor master, running on a RHEL3
virtual machine, via the 7.0.5 RPM for RHEL3 and it seems to have
increased the responsiveness and useability of the system to the point
where we are now seeing "Connections Rejected due to load average".
This is a result !

Many thanks for the feedback.

Hopefully, VUW will be running the latest version of Condor, across the
whole pool, with the latest version of RHEL hosting the master, in the
not too distant future.

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971