Re: [Condor-users] Is DAGMan the answer to my question?

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Hoover Sam wrote:

I'm getting the following error:

Submitting job(s)
ERROR: Notification must be 'Never', 'Always', 'Complete', or 'Error'
ERROR: condor_submit failed; aborting.

Here's my submit command

condor_submit_dag -force -notification Complete -notify_user shoover@xxxxxxxxxxx
 /usr/local/CMSIntegration/files/dagFile20090220.dag

I tried upper and lower case Complete and complete, but the error is
the same. I can't find an example online that matches what I'm trying
to do, I'm sure it's a simple syntax error.

Just take the notification stuff out of the command line -- DAGMan defaults to sending you notification. So just do this:

  condor_submit_dag -force \
    /usr/local/CMSIntegration/files/dagFile20090220.dag

(I'm assuming that you're submitting the DAG as shoover@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

Kent Wenger
Condor Team