Re: [Condor-users] Windows pool PCs & checkpointing?

On Feb 23, 2009, at 12:12 AM, Rob wrote:
If I'm right, I wonder why checkpointing on Windows PCs is not possible. Is this a matter of "not yet implemented in Condor", so just wait for a next release?

It's not yet implemented in Condor. That said, I wouldn't advise just waiting for the next release: checkpointing on Windows is non-trivial, so to speak. It could certainly work, but is a major effort. I don't think there are plans to add it.

You might be able to get a similar but different effect with the virtual machine universe, since virtual machines can be suspended and resumed.

-alain