Re: [Condor-users] getenv = true not sending PATH environment variable in 7.2.0

Hi all,

Ian D. Alderman wrote:
On Jan 20, 2009, at 11:40 AM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

Thompson, Cooper wrote:
I'm seeing something funky with how PATH is getting passed through
Condor.
We will look into this one, thanks....

The addition of the function getWindowsEnvironmentString (in env.cpp, called from daemon_core.cpp) may have a role. This function reorders the environment variables; could reordering be sufficient to result in the funky behavior?

The reordering was added before 7.2.0 to fix a bug in our environment handling on Windows; specifically, a process' environment block is expected to be sorted, and we weren't sorting it. Unfortunately, this fix appeared to uncover for some a second latent bug: environment variable names were not being treated as case-insensitive. This is what is causing the Path vs. PATH problem.

We've now fixed this second bug as well, so things should be better in 7.2.1. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Greg Quinn
Condor Team

Do earlier versions of Condor have Path before PATH in the environment of the job wrapper?

-Ian

--
Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Condor Project Research               Department of Computer Sciences

Ian D. Alderman
main: 888.292.5320

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Condor Grid Solutions
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools