[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Problem running 7.2.0 on x86_64 RHEL5
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:11:22 -0600
- From: Zachary Miller <zmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Problem running 7.2.0 on x86_64 RHEL5
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:27:31AM +1100, John Twyman wrote:
> Hi Zach,
> Previously I was using a complete 7.0.2 release with Master, Scheduler &
> Start daemons. The Coordinator for the pool is on another host (that's
> still running 7.0.2 at the moment).
> I'd removed the 7.0.2 release from this system entirely before
> installing 7.2.0. Then I rolled back to 7.0.5. I've just stepped through
> this again to double check my steps:
> /etc/init.d/condor stop
> ps -ef | grep cond shows nothing
> rpm -e condor (to remove 7.0.5)
> rpm -i condor-7.2.0...x86_64.rpm
> Edit /opt/condor-7.2.0/etc/condor_config &
> Exported CONDOR_CONFIG=/opt/condor-7.2.0/etc/condor_config
> /etc/init.d/condor start
> ps -ef | grep cond shows only condor_master running
i would check the following:
1) your init script /etc/init.d/condor and the paths within it
2) run 'which condor_master'
3) run ident on that binary and check the version
4) run 'condor_config_val master'
5) run ident on that binary and check the version
just to double check that you are really invoking the 7.2.0 master and not a
previous version. the symptoms you described are exactly what you'd see if a
7.0.2 master tried to run a 7.2.0 daemon.
if you are still having problems after verifying all that, please open a ticket
by emailing condor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx and send along the output of those