Re: [Condor-users] condor_submit -unused

I think you are supposed to do

+ShortName = Foo

for any and all non-standard classad arguments, i.e.
those that are not normally in a job classad.

Steve

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:

I am trying to add an attribute to my classads:

ShortName = Foo

When I submit the job I get a warning message about the attribute being unused. When I do "condor_q -l JOB_ID" the attribute ShortName is not there anymore. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what, since I understood this was a standard property of ClassAd's -- the ability to add arbitrary properties. The -unused option on condor_submit sounded like it might be the solution, however this just supresses the warning. The ShortName attribute is still removed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

On a related note, does Condor provide any "introspection" capabilities so a running job that knows it is being run through Condor can query the system for its current ClassAd?

Ian

man page extract for condor_submit:

     -unused

As a default, causes no warnings to be issued about user-defined macros not being used within the submit description file. The meaning reverses (toggles) when the configuration variable WARN_ON_UNUSED_SUBMIT_FILE_MACROSis set to the nondefault value of False. Printing the warnings can help identify spelling errors of submit description file commands. The warnings are sent to
        stderr.

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Assistant Group Leader.