Re: [Condor-users] Condor port usage

By default, Condor requires 9618/UDP to be open as well. You can tell it to use TCP instead. See the following:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.2/3_7Networking_includes.html#sec:tcp-collector-update

--Dan

Nilson Cain wrote:
Hi all. I'm setting up condor at the University of Alabama on a testbed basis at the moment. We're looking at deploying campuswide eventually, but I'm having one particular issue regarding Condor's port usage and firewalls. In order to mitigate any security risk that we can, the Central Manager is behind a firewall. I can't get client nodes to connect to the CM with the firewall on, though I have opened port 9618/TCP as specified in the docs.

Is there another port that must be open for the CM to communicate with client nodes?

Thanks a lot for any insight!

--
Nilson Cain
University of Alabama        Office of Information Technology, Research