Re: [Condor-users] condor_status hostname : why can't I use IPnumber instead of hostname?

> But that doesn't help me!

I'm sorry Rob, I mis-understood your issue.

> I just don't understand why "condor_status slot1@pm37" would just work
> (if pm37 had been a dual core PC).
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, with machines advertising only one slot the slot portion of the
address is dropped by Condor. It's an inconsistency in how Condor names
and manages slots in a pool. It's been there for as long as I can
remember now. You can't ask a 1-slot machine for information using the
<slot>@ notation. You have to drop the slot portion of the request.
Condor doesn't have an instance of "slot1@pm37" in its collector DB, it
only has "pm37" -- so asking for "slot1@pm37" doesn't resolve to a
machine Condor knows how to contact.

>From my own dev pool:

>>> ichesal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> condor_status

Name               OpSys      Arch   State     Activity LoadAv Mem
ActvtyTime

slot1@xxxxxxxxxxxx LINUX      INTEL  Unclaimed Idle     0.160  1256
0+02:33:05
slot2@xxxxxxxxxxxx LINUX      INTEL  Unclaimed Idle     0.000   769
12+14:46:42
sj-arcdev.altera.c LINUX      X86_64 Owner     Idle     0.140  8192
11+15:40:57
slot1@sj-bs3400-31 LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000  1224
13+15:21:27
slot2@sj-bs3400-31 LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000  1224
12+05:03:31
slot3@sj-bs3400-31 LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000   750
5+15:09:12
slot4@sj-bs3400-31 LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.190   750
0+02:52:12
slot1@sj-bs3400-31 LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000  1224
0+17:27:58
slot2@sj-bs3400-31 LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000  1224
1+15:40:56
slot3@sj-bs3400-31 LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000   750
1+14:53:42
slot4@sj-bs3400-31 LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.280   750
0+02:53:09
slot1@sqal64-36-te LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.300  1244
0+00:24:04
slot2@sqal64-36-te LINUX      X86_64 Unclaimed Idle     0.000   762
1+15:05:59
slot1@sj-bs3400-27 WINNT51    INTEL  Unclaimed Idle     0.000  2221
0+21:17:10
slot2@sj-bs3400-27 WINNT51    INTEL  Unclaimed Idle     0.200  1361
0+01:16:08
slot1@sj-bs3400-27 WINNT51    INTEL  Unclaimed Idle     0.000  2221
0+21:16:55
slot2@sj-bs3400-27 WINNT51    INTEL  Unclaimed Idle     0.210  1361
0+01:16:06

                     Total Owner Claimed Unclaimed Matched Preempting
Backfill

         INTEL/LINUX     2     0       0         2       0          0
0
       INTEL/WINNT51     4     0       0         4       0          0
0
        X86_64/LINUX    11     1       0        10       0          0
0

               Total    17     1       0        16       0          0
0

>>> ichesal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> condor_status slot1@sj-arcdev

>>> ichesal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> condor_status sj-arcdev

Name               OpSys      Arch   State     Activity LoadAv Mem
ActvtyTime

sj-arcdev.altera.c LINUX      X86_64 Owner     Idle     0.100  8192
11+15:41:57

                     Total Owner Claimed Unclaimed Matched Preempting
Backfill

        X86_64/LINUX     1     1       0         0       0          0
0

               Total     1     1       0         0       0          0
0

That's Just How It Is(tm) with Condor.

For stats collection, why don't you look at something like Quill instead
of trying to gather things up yourself using condor_status and -direct?
The latest incarnations of Quill can capture all the classad state
changes for all your machines and store the change history. So any time
a machine update is done is grabbed. There's even some sample PHP pages
that access a Quill DB to show things like machine history and load over
time using the Quill DB data.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.