[Condor-users] Windows XP at boot: sync problem between VMserver and condor services!?!

Hi,

I have installed on my Windows XP pool PC:

VMware Server 1.0.9 (Build 156507)
ActivePerl 5.10.0 (Build 1005)
Condor 7.2.4

When the PC reboots, the Condor services are started, but the connection to the
VMware server fails. Here's part of the output of the GAHP log file:

 VM-GAHP initialized with run-mode 0
 VMGAHP: Initialize Uids: caller=SYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY, job user=SYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY
 VMGAHP: Command returned non-zero: C:\Perl\bin\PERL.EXE C:\condor\bin\CONDOR~1.PL check
 VMGAHP:   Error: The system returned an error. Communication with the virtual machine may have been interrupted.
 VMGAHP:   Error: The system returned an error. Communication with the virtual machine may have been interrupted
 VMGAHP:   (ERROR) Can't execute C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VIX\vmrun
 VMware script check failed:
 VMGAHP: ERROR: the vm_type('vmware') cannot be used.
 condor_vm-gahp.exe (condor_VM_GAHP) pid 1960 EXITING WITH STATUS 0

The "condor_status -vm" command on the master PC shows that the VMserver is
not working with condor.

Now, when I later manually RESTART the condor services on the Windows PC,
all goes well and "condor_status -vm" has the Windows PC in its list.

Hence, I conclude that at boot up the condor services start too early;
the condor services should wait until the VMware server registration has finished.

The manual intervention/restart is not an fix for me, as the setup has to work at boot up
on hundreds of library PCs.

Is there an easy way to get this fixed; is there a gahp configuration variable, which
delays for a few seconds the gahp initialization with the VMserver?

Thank you.
Rob.