Re: [Condor-users] Determining requirements when using hooks

>> As you know, matching in Condor is bi-lateral, add
>> "Requirements = TRUE"
>> to your job classads.
>
> Thanks Matthew. I'll try that out. If this is the case there's an
error in > the docs. Section 4.4.1.1 for Hook: Fetch Work says the Class
Ad returned > by the fetch work hook should be identical to a COD class
and tells you to > look at section 4.3.3 for the details. There's no
mention of Requirements
> in the COD attributes.
>
> I'll let you know if this works (or doesn't). Makes sense that is
should.

This worked. At least it got me ahead a step. Some notes: quoting the
Requirements string for the job output didn't work. But just passing an
unquoted True worked. So:

        Requirements = True

Now I'm getting:

        3/13 18:09:03 vm2: Slot requirements not satisfied.
        3/13 18:09:03 DaemonCore: return from reaper for pid 9246

Which makes sense. Kind of. I have START = True on the machine and was
expecting that to be the end of it.

A little poking around and it turns out there's a default Requirements
string that I've ignored for so long now because we only run vanilla
universe jobs:

        Requirements = (START) && (IsValidCheckpointPlatform)
        IsValidCheckpointPlatform = ( \
                ( \
                        (TARGET.JobUniverse == 1) == FALSE
                ) || ( \
                        (MY.CheckpointPlatform =!= UNDEFINED) && \
                        (TARGET.LastCheckpointPlatform =?=
MY.CheckpointPlatform)\
                        || (TARGET.NumCkpts == 0) \
                        ) \
                )\
        )

So it looks like my job needs at least a JobUniverse setting that's not
equal to 1. Another something to add to the docs.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.