Re: [Condor-users] Determining requirements when using hooks

> I just had success with this on a Red Hat and Fedora system...
>
> JobUniverse = 5
> Cmd = "/bin/date"
> Out = "job.out"
> Err = "job.err"
> Iwd = "/tmp"
> Owner = "nobody"
> Requirements = TRUE

Yup. That's where I'm at with it. Hooks are working great on Linux now
with thost attributes in my job ad.

> ...the Owner may even be superfluous. However, on Windows,
> you might need the Owner, a User (typically
> Owner@UID_DOMAIN), and maybe an NTDomain - all strings.

Good to know. I'm using SLOTX_USER settings on Windows to force specific
execution accounts in my Windows slots. I'll keep this in mind if I get
trippe up on Windows clients in the morning. We started with Linux --
figured that was the low hanging fruit.

Am I going to have to renaming of Windows Cmd's if they're .bat files?
Condor always renames my vanilla universe Windows Cmd's that are .bat
files to condor_exec.bat -- is that necessary in the hook world as well?

> The reason you can't quote the Requirements is because it's
> an expression. A classad string attribute is always quoted
> and expressions are not, e.g. Cmd vs Requirements.

Ah. I had it backwards. I thought Requirements was a string. That
explains it all now.

Thanks!

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.