Re: [Condor-users] condor 7.2.2 on ubuntu hardy 8.04 lts

Hi Matt,

On Wed, 13 May 2009, Matthew Farrellee wrote:

Stefan Kluth wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to get condor 7.2.2 to build on ubuntu hardy.  Since this is
very similar to debian lenny, I hoped for a smooth ride ...

I installed the packages needed for building, and currently have this
configuration

./configure --disable-gcc-version-check --without-krb5 --without-glibc
--without-globus --without-openssl --without-gsoap --without-postgresql

The build stops with an error from "pgsqldatabase" (details can be sent if
needed).

But I think the easier way would be to get the build procedure used by the
condor developers to build the condor-7.2.2-linux-x86-debian50*.tar.gz
packages from sources.  Could somebody sent this?

Cheers, Stefan

If you're still trying to build, I think there's a glitch in the
configure script. Looks like you need --disable-quill along with
--without-postgresql.

I'll try. Since I am a novice, do you have a good ./configure line to get started? I just removed (--disable-*) whatever seemed redundant or gave trouble, but that for sure is not the right approach.

Cheers, Stefan

Best,

matt