[Condor-users] VM universe jobs using VMware Workstation?

Is there any way of running VM universe jobs using VMware Workstation?
When trying to run condor_vm_vmware.pl, I discovered that VMware
Workstation does not have vmware-cmd, which condor_vm_vmware.pl uses.
I then looked at condor_vm_vmware.pl, figuring I could make it use
vmrun instead of vmware-cmd, and discovered that it uses VM registration,
a feature not supported by VMware Workstation. Any ideas on whether or
not I could somehow munge Condor into running VM jobs on VMware
Workstation without relying on vmware-cmd or VM registration?