Re: [Condor-users] Earlier problem and defining Condor_Collector

Hi Charles,

I don't quite understand what you mean you couldn't see condor_collector daemon. Have you tried "ps -ef | grep condor"  to see if the condor_collector daemon is running on your central manager?
I guess what you mean defining condor_collector or condor_negotiator is that you want to run these daemons on a different machine instead of your central manager. Is that right? If so, you can add or delete the definition in the condor_config.local file on the macro "DAEMON_LIST", which has five options including "COLLECTOR", "MASTER", "NEGOTIATOR", "SCHEDD" and "STARTD". So you can choose which daemons to run on your machine.

If still anything goes wrong, please check the log files under the $CONDOR_HOME/local.$HOSTNAME/log directory. Detailed information about your problem may help a lot.

Good luck.

-Hailong

2009-11-14

* Hailong Yang, PhD. Candidate
* Sino-German Joint Software Institute,
* School of Computer Science&Engineering, Beihang University
* Phone: (86-010)82315908
* Email: hailong.yang1115@xxxxxxxxx
* Address: G413, New Main Building in Beihang University,
*              No.37 XueYuan Road,HaiDian District,
*              Beijing,P.R.China,100191