Re: [Condor-users] Spawning jobs depending on system load and start_delay, start_count

Heiko,
You can also use the setting START_LOCAL_UNIVERSE. By default, this
setting says:
START_LOCAL_UNIVERSE = TotalLocalJobsRunning < 200

Unfortunately, you don't have access to CPU load in the scheduler ad,
but you could figure out how many of these jobs you want, say 8, and
change the policy to:
START_LOCAL_UNIVERSE = TotalLocalJobsRunning < 9

Condor checks this policy with the job's Requirements expression, and
starts it if they are both true.

Best,
Jason

--
Jason A. Stowe

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Condor Grid Solutions
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com