Re: [Condor-users] Link two DAG jobs after submission

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Horvátth Szabolcs wrote:

I'd like to link two (or more) DAG jobs to each other after submission,
so that the completion of a DAG automatically starts the linked ones.
In the past I used a simple approach to submit the DAGs paused and then
run a little script that watches the queue for the completion
of the parent job and release the children. While it works ok, it
requires the submitting computer to be running until the parent job
completes
and its a bit of a burden. I suppose there is a more elegant way of
solving this but I'm out of ideas. If you have any tips please chime in!
(And no, I can't do this as a single dag. :))

Hmm -- just trying to clarify things a bit -- nested DAGs won't work for
you?  (In other words, do you have some reason that the DAGs have to be
submitted completely separately?)  If you can use nested DAGs, this is
very easy -- just make a top-level DAG like this:

  Subdag external A A.dag
  Subdag external B B.dag
  Subdag external C C.dag
  Parent A child B C