Re: [Condor-users] dos box popups on condor_q

> So, yesterday I posted asking if there was something odd going on;
> when I run condor_q, or any other utility it pops up a dos box
> momentarily.  I asked why this started when we upgraded to version
> 7.0.5.  I realized that the problem is caused by invoking a tool that
> downloads the config from the scheduler.  I believe in the condor
> source the do not create window flag must be set to false.
>
> Has this been fixed in versions newer than 7.0.5?

Mark, I've been using Condors on Windows (XP and a little Vista) since
the 6.8.x days and I've never seen this behaviour you mention. All our
config files are located on a remote share and our CONFIG_FILE entry in
the HKLM hive for Condor has a UNC path in it (something like
\\mysitenas\condor\configs\condor_config). Never get DOS window pop-ups
when I run commands like condor_status, condor_q, condor_config_val,
etc.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.