Re: [Condor-users] inspiration for DAGMan syntax

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:

I could reduce my DAG file by 20k lines (well, 20k - 2) if it were
possible to do:

RETRY       * 7
SCRIPT POST * ./process_output $JOB $JOBID

and DAGMan would notice that the node name contained a regular
expression and then apply the statement to all DAG nodes it matched.
There would, of course, be some subtle implementation details to work
out (ordering/precedence of statements, interaction with other RE or
non-RE statements, etc.), but I could imagine that something basic could
be achieved without a huge amount of work.

Yes, this sounds like a good idea.  I've created a ticket for it in our
gittrac wiki. We had thought about doing something similar in relation to splices, but there's no reason this shouldn't apply to DAG nodes in general.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team