Re: [Condor-users] Modifying parameters of running DAG

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:

I've just submitted a DAG that I expect will take the next several days
to complete.  I just realized that I'd like to change a value I passed
to condor_dag_submit via the config file:

DAGMAN_MAX_JOBS_SUBMITTED=5000
DAGMAN_MAX_SUBMITS_PER_INTERVAL=1000
DAGMAN_USER_LOG_SCAN_INTERVAL=5

to have:

DAGMAN_MAX_JOBS_SUBMITTED=10000

I've had bad luck with condor_rm and DAG jobs, so I'd rather avoid doing
that, changing it, and resubmitting.  Is there any way to tweak this
value in a currently running DAG job?

Is the DAGMAN_MAX_JOBS_SUBMITTED value in a per-DAG config file? If so, I think you could do condor_hold on DAGMan, edit the config file, and then condor_release on DAGMan. I haven't tried this, so I'm not totally sure it will work, but I think it should.

Condor_hold on the DAGMan job won't stop any currently-running node jobs, so at least you should't lose work that's already in progress.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team